How do we edit our Windows 10 computer's host file to see our site on the development server?
Your Project Manager will send along the development server IP and dev site name.
- Go to Start Menu and find Notepad - right click on Notepad and click Run as administrator
- In Notepad app click File > Open and go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Once the Host file is open move your cursor and move down to the bottom of the entries
- Type IP number and then development site (exmaple: 123.234.345.456 dev.sitename.com) given to you by your Account Manager
- Once done, click File > Save
- Go to your browser and type provided dev site name
- If your Account Manager gave you a username and password to view the site, enter it now.