How do we edit our Windows 10 computer's host file to see our site on the development server?
Your Project Manager will send along the development server IP and dev site name.
- Go to Start Menu and find Notepad - right click on Notepad and click Run as administrator
- In Notepad app click File > Open and go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Once the Host file is open use your cursor and move down to the bottom of the entries
- Type IP number and then development site (exmaple: 123.234.345.456 dev.sitename.com) given to you by your Project Manager
- Once done, click File > Save
- Go to your browser and type provided dev site name
- You may be prompted to enter a site user/pass to see site